Designing the new features for the 1.6 version of the StyleShoots Live’s iPad app
2018 – StyleShoots
The goals of the release is to:
- Make Video Templates more flexible, allowing the user to adjust the framing of each clip during a session and save the changes for subsequent sessions.
- Make behavior of Photos and Videos more similar conceptually in terms of selecting a template upfront, having the template choice influence framings, and separating out file exports.
- Allow users to group framings by having them linked to photo presets.
- Allowing more flexibility during recording and shooting. And furthermore make the live view and preview more accurate to avoid any surprises when exporting.
The design consisted in two main actions:
- Create a preset system that would allow the users to create them properly up front and then allow them to update them on the go.
- Give enough visual cues to make the shot and recordings the closest from the final export.